For months I’ve regularly published resources for WordPress, Social Media and learning because they are hot topics in the current digital transformation. Notice, that they form like an ecosystem: WordPress is a platform where learning content can be put online and then shared by Social Media.
WordPress can be related to any business field, not only learning, so one of these 5 CRM Plugins for WordPress could be useful if you need to deal with customers data.
We stay in the ‘xx items’ list – this kind of headlines is very addictive and so generates a lot of traffic – with 5 Effective Ways to Speed Up Your Mobile Website. These are technical but very concrete and efficient tips.
Images are a major part of success in Social Media. So, consider the opportunity to create and customize a tags cloud (or words cloud) thanks to the free service Tagul. And what size should be your tags cloud? This Image Dimensions for Social Media 2016 Cheat Sheet brings a highly-detailed answer.
The Elucidat blog provides a digest and 6 tips from a 2,000 people survey:
A) Results of this survey:
- 80% can see how online learning helps with furthering their career
- 66% rate self-paced elearning courses as essential or very useful
- 90% are going mobile, using apps to further their learning, with half being education-based and half being productivity tools or on-the-job help
- 70% use their own smartphone, and 52% their own tablet for learning (so BYOD is big news)
- 77% rate working in collaboration with others as essential or very useful, with 70% liking technologies that enable them to network and connect with others
- 80% say Google or other web search resources are either essential or very useful to learn what they need to do their job
- 47% rate classroom courses as essential or very useful
B) Six takeaway tips:
- Provide multi-device online learning and performance support
- Support people on the job with quick-to-find tools, templates, tips, examples, and performance-support resources alongside deeper dive learning content
- Enable self-paced learning: Courses are still rated highly, but learners must be in control.Either that or go for a fully resource-based approach, where learners pick and choose from a range of bite-sized topics
- Use online collaboration and social learning tools, such as Elucidat polls, forums, Yammer, online coaching, and more. Jane Hart provides an entire list here
- Consider virtual classroom sessions as part of the blend to foster collaboration and story sharing
- Include face-to-face when and where it counts
I write ‘Support people‘ in bold and red because this requires that at least one people or even a team is in charge of providing this support, bringing online resources, examples, tips, tools, etc. In US and Canada, to meet this essential learning requirement, all K12, middle, high schools and universities work with Learning or Educational Technologists.